Working Title: Recreational Program Coordinator
Employer: Polarettes and Polar Tumblers Gymnastics Club
Position: Full-time (40 hours/wk), salaried
Salary: Competitive salary with 3 weeks’ vacation, annual travel bonus, health spending account, relocation assistance, certification and continuing education opportunities
Date: February 6th, 2021 Application Deadline: March 15th, 2021
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Who We Are
The Polarettes and Polar Tumblers Gymnastics Club is Yukon’s only gymnastics facility; with over 1000 active youth members and thousands of casual users annually, the Polarettes strive to inspire a foundation of excellence in our community. Our programs offer fun, fitness and fundamental movement skills to youth at both recreation and competitive levels. For more information on our organization and programs, please view our website: www.polarettes.org
What We Offer
• A tremendous team environment
• Access to personal development and educational courses
• A supportive team including administrative staff and coaches
• Passionate staff that strive to achieve high levels of teamwork, respect and adaptability
• Large member pool with over 1000 members annually and 1000’s of additional casual users
• Competitive Salary
What We Are Looking For
• Organized individual with a positive attitude
• Passion and enthusiasm for sport and physical literacy
• Great communication and leadership skills
• Dependable, committed, and enjoys working with children
• Committed to Safe Sport and the Responsible Coaching Movement
• Implement a program that engages children and adults in the local community in developmentally-appropriate physical activity at the recreational level
• Provide developmentally-appropriate gymnastics and movement instruction to children, youth, and adults of all abilities in a safe, fun and physically active environment.
• Plan and lead lessons tailored to the developmental characteristics of the group, adjusting activities as necessary to provide optimal challenge for each participant
• Supervise and mentor the recreation students and coaches and work with the leadership team in the supervision of our coaches for performance and growth.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of programs for athletes and coaches in recreation programs
• Oversee the organization and operations of recreational gymnastics and parkour programs and coaches
What You Provide
• Post-secondary education in physical literacy, sport management or active movement related field
• Energy and passion for promoting physical literacy, gymnastics and activity in youth
• Have or be willing to obtain NCCP Artistic Gymnastics training
• Willing to obtain NCCP Trampoline Gymnastics training
• Respect in Sport Certification
• Valid First Aid/CPR Certification
• Current criminal record check with vulnerable sector (required every year from date of hire)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in coaching sport or recreation activities. Must speak fluent English, French is an asset.
How to Apply:
Please submit resumes with a cover letter to Kimberly Jones, Executive Director & Head Coach. Thank you in advance for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start date: May or June 2021 is preferred, but this is negotiable
Job Type: Full-time
Kimberly Jones, Executive Director & Head Coach