As mentioned in the recent parent's letter, the Polarettes Board of Directors and staff have been working hard for the last year on plans to improve and expand the gymnasium. With the assistance of a Yukon architect and two national gymnastics consultants, we have developed a proposal that would build on the good qualities of the existing facility and further expand the gym by approximately 60%.
While our Club will be required to make a significant contribution to the costs of this project, the financial support of the Government of Yukon and Government of Canada is necessary to make the project a success.
We have recently briefed representatives from the Yukon Party, the Yukon New Democratic Party, and the Yukon Liberal Party to inform them of the expansion project. If you would like to see our Club go ahead with this important expansion, please let the political candidates know that you support this project. Communicating your interest to the political candidates is important to the realization of this initiative.
The plans include a trampoline program with four new Olympic standard trampolines as well as the following:
1. Relocating the accessory rooms such as the change rooms and offices to the south of the building where the exterior sidewalk is now located;
2. Constructing an expanded lobby and reception area to improve the congestion that often occurs at the current entrance;
3. Provide accessibility access to the gym for visitors who have difficulty walking such as an elevator;
4. Expand the recreational gymnastics area; and
5. Install a functioning air handling system to improve air quality.
It is important for the Yukon political candidates to hear from you about our gym expansion plans.
Polarettes and Polar Tumblers Gymnastics Club