AGES 4 and up
Polarettes Gymnastics Club is proud to offer a Women’s Artistic Gymnastics competitive team, and an inclusive, gender-neutral Interclub team.
Our programming is designed by our Head Coach to give each athlete the best opportunity to achieve their individual goals; whether your child wants to compete locally or learn to compete internationally, we have programs to align with their goals.
We offer a variety of developmental and competitive programs starting at age 4 and up. Our programs have been strategically designed to enhance the neural, cognitive and physical development to improve their physical literacy and child development.
These programs are by invitation only, an assessment and/or trial class is required.
Our goal at this age is to plant a seed for healthy living, create norms and training habits at a young age that will help foster healthy long term development in sport, and provide a strong foundation of coordination and movement patterns that they can build on as they get older.
Our programs are focused on training strong neural pathways to enhance the development of brain function, coordination, social skills, gross motor matters, emotions, leadership and creativity. The environment is non-competitive and kids will learn to perform through showing the class what they can do, self-expression and mini routine sequences.
Our lesson plans have been strategically created to help set them up for success, we look at the following factors when building our lessons:
• Fundamental Movement Patterns
• Gross motor skills (e.g. running, jumping, climbing, rolling, twisting, kicking, throwing, catching)
• Motor qualities of agility, balance and coordination
• Physical qualities such as strength and flexibility
• Cognitive development stages in laterality, patterning, directionality, space and body awareness, communication and problem-solving
• Creative movement and make-believe
• Exposure to music and dance activities
• Participants learn to explore space in a safe manner, learning to control their own movement in relation to equipment and others. Good class management ensures safety.
• Group social skills are developed as a basis for future sport ethics
• Psycho/socio development – desire to be active, self-confidence to try, self-expression and group social skills such as cooperation
Training to Train/Learning to Compete
The Interclub program is an in-house competition team with lower commitment & intensity level requirements compared to our other competitive programs. Girls in this program compete in an in-house competition program designed to give everyone an equal opportunity to showcase their strengths. This team practices twice a week and compete in our local practice competitions & Yukon Championships. This team does not travel to competitions outside the territory.
This team is gender neutral, and they also participate in parades and other events the gym hosts; This program is perfect for kids who love gymnastics, want to take their gymnastics beyond the level of our recreational programs, and compete for fun.
Learning to Compete/Training to Compete/Training to Win
(Ages 8 and up)
The Competition program is a highly committed, travelling competition team with high reaching goals and the attitude and work ethic to achieve those goals; These girls train 5 days a week, often twice a day (before & after school) for up to 28 hours/week. Girls in this program compete in Junior Olympic levels 5 to Elite Stream and primary compete in competitions across the country & internationally.
This program is for athletes who are highly committed to themselves, their goals and their training. These athletes may represent Yukon at Arctic Winter Games, BC Championships, Western Canadian Championships, National Championships, Elite Canada, Canada Winter Games, L'international Gymnix, High Performance Camps and more...